Sunday, April 20, 2014

First Blog Assignment

When I first saw URL for the website, I wasn't completely sure what to think. At first I thought it may have been pictures of people doing funky things on couches, but then I was hit with another thought that perhaps it was about people offering a spare couch for people to use. A strange concept but Craigslist... so anything is possible. Upon arriving at the homepage of the website I was floored by the simple ultra basic coding put into the website. And the website is chock full of spam links. I think the websites original intentions were to allow a place for people so sign-up and then rent/stay free on peoples couches/spare rooms for a night or two. But this isn't the case. I think a creeper is in charge of the site. With the ultra basic design and spammy links, this creator has nefarious motives for this website. I would avoid it. I wouldn't consider joining the community because I don't really travel anywhere. I stay mostly at home and I wouldn't join to go sit at some random persons house. And a huge concern about staying in someones house is safety. After being robbed on camera, people are nuts and capable of anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment